Many low income people find health care unaffordable. Hopefully, the primary care and mediine we offer will prevent or control a serious medical condition or help avoid a financial crisis involving utility disconnection, eviction or lack of food.
Sumter United Ministries Medical Clinic provides primary healthcare to qualifying patients who work hard, but find health care financially out of reach. Call 803-775-0757 for a qualification interview.
- resident of Sumter County between the ages of 19-64
- employed at least 20 hours a week
- student patients signed up for at least 12 credit hours per semester
- without any type of healthcare insurance
- student not eligible to be on their parent’s insurance
- provide income from entire household
- If a student is considered a dependent of their parent/guardian, or still lives at home, we consider the income of the parent’s entire household
- pharmacist and pharmacy tech
- be a volunteer doctor, nurse, or receptionist
- Providers willing to accept clinic patient referrals (dentists, specialists, etc.)
- provide meal for Tuesday clinic 8-10 people (around 6:00pm - 6:30pm)