Sumter United Ministries Medical Clinic provides primary healthcare to qualifying patients who work hard, but find health care financially out of reach.
Medical Clinic Mission Statement
The Free Medical Clinic seeks to provide preventative screening, medical education, treatment for medical needs, and pastoral care to all qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, or creed as an outreach ministry which encompasses their physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Call 803-775-0757 for a qualification interview.
- Resident of Sumter County between the ages of 19-64
- Employed patients working at least 20 hours a week
- Student patients signed up for at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Without any type of healthcare insurance
- Students not eligible to be on their parent’s insurance
- Provide income from entire household
- If a student is considered a dependent of their parent/guardian, or still lives at home, we consider the income of the parent’s entire household
- Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
- Doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, and receptionists
- Providers willing to accept clinic referrals (dentists, specialists, etc.)
- Group or individuals to provide a meal for Tuesday clinic for 8-10 people (around 6:00pm – 6:30pm)